Center for Therapeutic Riding of the East End (CTREE), is a not-for-profit (501c3) organization located on the eastern end of Long Island, New York and is a premier accredited member center of the Professional Association of Therapeutic Horsemanship International (PATH Intl.) . CTREE lessons follow PATH guidelines and are taught by PATH certified instructors. Program horses and volunteer staff are specially trained. All lessons are held at 41 Narrow Lane in Sagaponack.
Founded in 2008, CTREE has provided to date:
- Equine assisted activities and therapeutic riding lessons to more than 30 riders, children and veterans
- EAA lessons and field trips to local school groups
- 650 + private and semi-private lessons
- Twenty specially trained program volunteers
- PATH instructor-in-training mentoring
- Coaching two riders entering the show ring, summer 2010
Our mission is to provide therapeutic riding lessons and equine assisted activities to children and young adults with cognitive, physical or emotional disabilities.
Click on the video below to see CTREE Staff and Riders in action…